My work with walking began because as a yoga teacher I noticed that people would come into my studio with poor posture and movement patterns. They would do yoga for an hour and a half employing stellar form and alignment, and then leave class only to walk back into all their negative patterns. Something about this wasn’t right and I set about to find a way to help people take yoga off of their mat and into daily life. In doing so I realized that this could work for everyone, even people who did not have an urge to exercise.
It has been my experience that people simply don’t know how they operate. Most clients that come to me are experts in something and could probably talk at length about their given field. But very few could tell me exactly where or how their head is supposed to sit on top of their body. This is amazing to me as your general health has a great deal to do with how your head sits atop your spine.

No comments:
Post a Comment